Let me show you a price comparison on whiteboard videos and save you some time rather than having you browse around clueless. Before I jumped on the pricing, let’s start with why you should get a whiteboard explainer video, often called video scribing.
Whiteboard Explainer Videos
Whiteboard explainer videos are popular since the end of 2012 when animated videos from RSA Animate flooded the Internet with this simple-yet-effective explainer videos. You know, it starts by showing a blank, white canvas on the screen, then a hand appears, and starts drawing on the whiteboard while someone else is reading the narrative in the background.
Yep, something like this:
Ring a bell?
If you are in the market to get a whiteboard video done, here are some facts that will help you decide where you should get an explainer video done:
- Explainer videos turn up between 90 to 95% return on investment, while 2013′s sweetheart — infographics — lag behind at 56%. Those using video win an average of US$8,000 more revenue than those who don’t.
- A Forbes Study revealed that 59% of C-Suite executives would prefer to watch the video over reading text if both are presented on a page.
- The same study showed that 39% of executives called a vendor after seeing an online video.
- A 2012 report by Invodo showed that over half of eCommerce buyers report feeling more confident in a purchase decision after watching a product video.
- According to this research by iStockPhoto, overall online video consumption has risen by 800% in the last 5 years and doesn’t appear to be slowing down any time soon.
- It’s also been said that by 2015, 90% of all web video consumption will be by 18-34-year-olds – a generation with tremendous online shopping power.
- There are more interesting data that Sean Ellis has collected on ConversionXL.
Now, as all marketing tools are investments, you should focus on how much return you can get from them. Think about the economy of scale, what you can do to get a better ROI?
Good marketing tool = Better ROI
Better ROI = More $$$
More $$$ = You are one step closer to saving the world
Let’s get back to the original question.
How much should a scribing whiteboard video cost you?
The List of Whiteboard Videos Price
I promised to provide you with a price comparison, right? Here it is (as of May 2014):
Cognitive Media – around $30,000 but it’s booked
They are the guys behind RSA Animate. Booked for TED and other top organizations.
Switch Video – around $15,000 to $20,000 for the first minute
One of the well-known explainer video producers in Canada.
Simple Show – around $15,000 for the first 3 minutes
The top German explainer video producer has been producing videos for BMW and Mercedes.
Y-draw – around $6,000 for the first minute
They charge you a flat rate per minute.
Fire Starter Videos – charges you $3,595
They also charge you $30 for every additional second.
Truscribe – approximately $5,000
Some additional charges for extra minutes after.
Whiteboard Animation – $15,000 per minute
Compared to this one, our whiteboard video only cost you $1,199 for the first 60 seconds, and it can be compared to their $15,000 per minute package. Touche!
Breadnbeyond – provides you with three different packages to choose from.
This is why you should contact us today, it doesn’t hurt at all!
I promise to update this at least once a year.
Of course, you may think that those prices are high. You want something that is much cheaper in order to produce more videos and get more juices from your customers.
There are several DIY products that allow you to create your own whiteboard video.
Let’s take a look:
Sparkol’s Video Scribe – $30/month for their DIY package
Powtoon – $59/month for their DIY package
Moovly – $9/month, and not confined only to whiteboard
Though they don’t really have a superb professional quality to work with, they are really affordable. $5 for an animation! It’s less than the cost of your lunch today!