Read Outside In, a novel by Doug Cooper. It is now available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indie Bound, Powell’s Books, Books A Million, or connect with Doug on his website at ByCooper.com or on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, or Instagram.
Explainer video script:
This is Brad Shepherd.
He did everything he was supposed to.
– Went to college
– Got a teaching job
– Coached after school
– Attended Graduate school in the evenings
But when a student dies of a drug overdose on the parent’s pain medication, he loses it all.
The school district fires him to mitigate the lawsuit so he leaves St Louis and escapes to the island community of Put-in-Bay on South Bass Island in Lake Erie the perfect place to forget his troubles and explore what else life has to offer.
At Put-in-Bay, he gets a job as a bouncer at the Round House, a popular island bar.
And is surrounded by new friends.
– Astrid, a hopeful, radiant Norwegian waitress
– Cinch, the affable party boy and local drug dealer
– Haley, a forlorn, alcoholic bartender
– Caldwell, a mysterious mandolin player
But the newfound comfort and freedom don’t last and he becomes more lost than ever.
As the end of the summer nears, the grim reality of his empty quest consumes him. With nowhere left to run or hide, what will he do?
Read Outside In by Doug Cooper to find out.
– “Outside In is a deep, entertaining read…” – Jerry Stahl
– “Doug Cooper writes authoritatively…” Stuart Smith
– “Outside In takes readers on a wild ride…” Colleen Hoover
– “A searing debut…” Stephen Jay Schwartz
Now available where books are sold.
– Barnes & Noble
– Indie Bound
– Powell’s Books
– Books A Million
Or connect with Doug on his website at ByCooper.com or on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, or Instagram.